The Fiscal Officer is the chief financial officer of the Village and is appointed by the Mayor, subject to the approval by a majority of the Village Council.
The duties of the Fiscal Officer include:
- Collecting and disbursing the monetary resources of the Village
- Keeping accurate statements of all money received and expended by the Village
- Keeping records of all property owned by the Village
- Keeping records of all taxes and assessments
- Prescribing the accounting procedures for the Village, subject to the approval of the Auditor of State
- Ensuring that the amount set aside for any appropriation is not overdrawn or used for other than the proper purpose
- Certifying to the County Auditor, at the beginning of each fiscal year, all available sources for expenditure for each fund
- Signing Village contracts
The Fiscal Officer also serves as the Clerk of the Village Council.
The Fiscal Officer also serves as the Village Tax Administrator.
The Fiscal Officer is Kathryn Jenkins.
Contact the Fiscal Officer
- Email the Fiscal Officer
- To speak with the Fiscal Officer or to schedule an appointment, please call 740-862-4491.