Zoning Permits are required when a building or structure is being built, moved, added to, or altered.
Application for Permit
The following are the procedures related to the application process for a zoning permit:
- A zoning permit application must be completed and submitted to the Zoning Administrator. The application must include all necessary information in order to be considered complete, and ready for review.
- The application must be submitted with the appropriate fee.
- Minimum items that must be included in the application are:
- Name, address and phone number of applicant
- Existing use of property
- Proposed use of property
- Zoning district
- Plans drawn to scale, showing exact dimensions and shape of lot, location of existing buildings, and location of proposed buildings or alterations
- Building heights
- Number of dwelling units
- Location and design of access drive
- Any other permit application (ie; sign) that is applicable.
- Once the permit has been reviewed for development standards, accuracy, and completeness, the Zoning Administrator will contact you to have the site staked out for a site review.
- Once the site review has been completed, a Zoning Permit will be issued. The permit will be accompanied by a placard which must be posted while the work is being performed. The permit must be either approved or disapproved within thirty (30) days of receipt of a complete application.
- The work approved by the Zoning Permit must be started within one year of the issuance of the permit and completed within two years.
- Once the work has been completed, a Certificate of Occupancy must be issued by the Zoning Administrator.
For additional information contact Teri Wise, Village Administrator, at 862-4491.