With the gradual re-opening of businesses, the process for re-opening the Village Office was discussed at Council this week and is continuing to be evaluated by staff. We have some protective improvements to make in the office, are waiting on our order of PPE to arrive, and our council chamber is not large enough for all of Council and staff that attends meetings to maintain social distance, therefore, we will continue to operate as we have during the stay-at-home order. This means:
- the Village Office remains closed to the public with general telephone hours of 8AM – 1PM. Employees may be in the office after 1PM but may not answer the phones after 1PM as they are using the afternoon to work on other projects/duties since we are working with reduced staff in the office.
- Utility payments can be made via mail, over the phone, or placed in the dropbox outside the Village Office (checked twice daily) but no in-person payments will be accepted.
- You may experience longer phone wait times or receive a voicemail message. Please leave a message with your name, phone number, and the reason for your call and we will call you back as soon as possible (but it may not be the same day, but we are trying to).
- Staff will continue to practice social distancing and taking necessary precautions to protect themselves and the public while working on the streets and in the parks.
- Council and Committee meetings will continue to be held virtually via WebEx.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation.