•   7408624491
  •   103 West Market Street Baltimore, Ohio 43105

Mayor’s Court FAQ

Will the Mayor be hearing my case at the Mayor’s Court?

No, the Court is presided over by the Magistrate who hears and decides the cases.

How can I contest a Ticket?

You can contest a ticket by appearing at the Clerk of Courts office on the hearing date notated on the ticket.

How can I find out the date of my court appearance?

The court date is notated on the bottom of the citation. For any other questions regarding a court date, please contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 740-862-8550 or by email.

How do I enter my plea? Can I fax it to the Court?

Pleas must be submitted to the Court in person at the time of the defendant’s appearance before the Court.

Is my attorney required to file all forms in person?

No. Attorneys may fax motions and pleas to be filed and requests for discovery. The original form must then be sent to the Court within 72 hours.

How can I receive a continuance for my case?

You must appear at the Clerk of Court’s office and sign a form requesting a continuance.

Can I change the jurisdiction for my case to the Fairfield County Municipal Court?

If it is an offense other than a minor misdemeanor, a written jury demand must be filed with the Clerk of Court.

Do I have a right to appeal?

If you are found guilty in the Baltimore Mayor’s Court you have the right to appeal your case to the Fairfield County Municipal Court. You have ten (10) days (including weekends) from date of the conviction to file an appeal at the Clerk of Court’s office.